Update PHP Setting
cPanel - Select PHP version - Options (Tab)
- memory_limit = 256
- upload_max_size = 64M
- post_max_size = 64M
- upload_max_filesize = 64M
- max_execution_time = 300
- max_input_time = 1000
Install WP Plugin "Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades"
- WP Admin - Plugins - Installed Plugins - Add New - Search Plungins = Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades.
- Install Now - Activate.
Update Theme from ZIP
- WP Admin - Appearance - Theme - Add New - Upload Theme - Browse.
- Browse to the location of the ZIP file - Open - Install.
The update process should execute and successfully update the Theme.
- If you receive the error "The link you followed has expired", then the PHP settings haven't applied or your system needs to have these settings entered into the .htaccess file.
- Sometimes the theme dev changes the default location of their theme. An example is when a dev has his theme folder within a subfolder in the themes folder. Eg themes\subfolder\theme-folder. This can cause issues with updating via WP Admin or via ZIP. Copy the theme-folder into the "themes" folder and things should work.